Friday, April 27, 2012

Preparing in calm to respond in crisis

The theme presented by the Captain for Pacific Partnership 2012 is "preparing in calm to respond in crisis"
I am learning a whole different vocabulary as i navigate the USNS mercy and move aboard! The picture I posted on facebook, I am also going to post here.
  
We may be moving beds, but for now I am on the lower bunk in the female enlisted berthing(sleeping) Racks (beds). There was some confusion as Anna and I were the first two Non-governmental Organization (NGOs) to process onto the Mercy. We got to check in and get our bed assignments, unpack our BAG and then have liberty to leave until Monday/Tuesday. 
Let me tell you... this could be the best weight loss solution for me! I will attach a map of the Ship, but you can't really tell until you go on how complicated it is! In order to get to my berthing space from entering the ship. I have to go up one  flight across the Main Deck then down the red ladderwell. Then to go the the gym which looks next door. I have to go back up the ladderwell to the Main and back down another. YES! And one of the ICUs while on a humanitarian relief like this mission. Not a disaster relief... has been converted into a Spin Room! I guess I'll take up spinning too!





No comments:

Post a Comment