Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seladaymat tinggal (goodbye) in Indonesian


Seladaymat tinggal (goodbye) in Indonesian

Tomorrow is the day! I will officially call the USNS Mercy or (T-AH 19) my home. It feels very surreal that this is the last time I will sleep in my childhood bed for 4 months or surf the web on my phone any time I want. Get in a car and drive somewhere, walk one flight of stairs to my bedroom, and talk on the phone!

I attempted to add World Traveler to my cell phone plan and then 50 text messages to my account… then I found out any time someone called me, left me a voicemail (even if I did not answer) I would be charged international calling! YIKES!!! So I am suspending my phone until I end the mission in Cambodia. Hopefully this will save me 100’s of dollars! And no phone bill for 3 months! My phone will be turned off after Hawaii May 12th

So some good news for those of us attached to our phones by an electrical leash… the Mercy set up Wifi… I think with the intention of blocking it, but Apple products can’t be stopped! So my IPhone will get wifi in the hotspots. It’s still satellite so probably very slow, but better than nearly NO internet. The wifi will work when we are in ports, not under power across the Atlantic!

LOVE you all and I will try to keep you posted! 
My family will probably have to post the pictures that I e-mail them so posts and pictures may post at different times.

No comments:

Post a Comment